I’m working on advertising for the Fairfield City Carols Festival. As my line of work is social media and writing, I’ve been allocated the humble task of taking care of social media & making general noise in the community about our church and about carols festival.
Here’s what I’ve tried so far and some of the the things that I am planning to try:
- Facebook page – announcing to those with a key interest in our churches activities
- Youth group
- Invites to a Facebook event page
- Door-knocking in our local area
- Handing out flyers & caroling at our local markets
- Signs at the front of our church – which is right next to a bus stop
- Press release for the local paper
- Announcing at our Christmas Ladies High Tea
- Announcements during church services
Does anyone else have any ideas for spreading the word about Christmas events?